Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A new appreciation...

For seminary teachers.
Its not like I've never appreciated what they do for us. As in 'us',I mean, the unappreciative, high school kids that could care less about the gospel at 6am.
Its also difficult as a student, to be in a class where your the only girl. Where the guys don't care about authority, the gospel, or people's feelings. And are basically flat out jerks.
I've talked to my cousin, and she's been able to tell me how she can have classes where the spirit is really there, and it touches everyone in the room, and its a feeling that I've always imagined that I would experience in seminary. But so far, seminary seems to be nothing like I expected it to be.
I expected to make new friends, to learn the gospel, I thought it would be a fun, and really enjoyable class, with really enjoyable people. So far, none of that has been able to come true.
I know though, that with the unresponsive attitude that we have been able to become accustomed too in class doesn't help much.
My teacher is really incredible to put up with us, and I appreciate greatly. I really do. I also appreciate all the subs that come in, especially on a week like this, where our teacher is gone on business. They aren't called to do this, and yet, are willing to get up in the morning to teach us.
So thank you.

No comments: