Pages

Saturday, June 6, 2009

You know whats crazy?

Is when that homesickness feeling really hits you.
My father, mother, and myself were sitting in the living room having a prayer to start our fast for this month, a fast for my dad business, which isn't so subtly going down the drain, for my Aunt Darla for safety on her mission, for my Uncle Tim and his family, among other things. When the talk about our family came into it all, it was a very unexpected feeling that I had. Nothing I'm really used too. I mean, I miss my family and all, and I've realized that I feel at home when I'm with them, no matter the location. But, its just weird. haha. I don't know. Maybe it was the spirit, cause I know that sometimes it can get to us, in pretty emotional ways. I'm horrible when it comes to that, being able to identify the spirit. The only time I'm really positive that I've ever had it with me was when the Tabernacle Choir came and sang for us in our church gym. When they sang 'God Be with you 'till we meet again', it was just absolutely incredible.
I miss my family, and I think I do better if I don't see them for a long time. I've seen them quite often lately and its like an addiction. For the love that I feel when I'm with them. I've never been more blessed thank to have the knowledge of the kind of love our family has.

Just recently, I had my Patriarchal Blessing. There is one paragraph that I'm trying to memorize.
We were talking about my Uncle crash after the blessing, and the Patriarchs only response was looking at me and saying, '"So thats what that meant."' What the heck? Of course I now know what he meant, and its incredible, mind blowing really, for me.

Today was pretty awesome. I saw my friend from Montana. I haven't seen her in a year. She's incredible, you couldn't ask for a better friend. I probably don't show my appretiation that I have for her as much as I should. I don't think I do that for anyone enough.
Something to work on.

No comments: